Homes for Sale in Folly Beach, SC
Folly Beach is an eclectic coastal beach town just 25 minutes from the Charleston peninsula. Given the nickname “Edge of America” by locals, Folly Beach is home to 2,400 residents and countless numbers of visitors who come to enjoy this laid-back beach community. Great food, relaxing beaches, an active nightlife, and quaint charm make Folly Beach the popular and unique oceanfront community it’s grown to be.
- EASY ACCESS TO THE BEACH: Folly Beach residents wake up every morning to breathtaking views of the ocean. Family-friendly Folly Beach is popular with beachgoers and surfers alike, as well as all lovers of the laid-back beach lifestyle. Surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean and Folly River, residents here enjoy six wide miles of beaches, fishing, biking, boating, kayaking, and eco-tours.
- LIVELY BEACH TOWN: A few steps from the beach, downtown Folly features an eclectic array of locally owned stores and restaurants. Fun bohemian clothing, beach knick-knacks, and surf shops are mixed with fantastic seafood restaurants, casual cafes, and one-of-a-kind bars. With live music coming from all directions and fruity cocktails calling your name, your cares will melt away as you become lost in the Folly lifestyle. And when the sun goes down, Center Street becomes a lively mix of beach-casual nightlife and rooftop dance clubs.
- LIVING HERE:Single-family homes range from 1950s beach cottages to newly constructed homes of all sizes. Townhomes and condos are primarily situated on the island’s western edge, enjoying views and proximity to marsh edges and expansive views across the Folly River.
- NATURE & WILDLIFE:Folly Beach is a natural barrier island that forms the outermost western tip of Charleston Harbor. It is the home of the famous Morris Island Lighthouse and to many species of endangered wildlife. Folly is a nature lover’s dream complete with a maritime forest and dolphin-filled waters.
Latest homes for sale in Folly Beach
Need to Know Real Estate Facts of Folly Beach
- Homes on Folly Beach range in style from beach bungalows and cottages to larger, more traditional new construction beach homes.
- Single-family properties vary from mid-range to luxury with prices from $500,000 to $3.5 million.
- Homes here offer 1,100 up to 5,500 square feet.
- Homes on Folly Beach are often referred to as “First Row”, “Second Row”, “Third Row” to note their proximity to the ocean.
- While not all homes on Folly Beach are oceanfront, all are within a short walk to the beach.
- Homes along the Folly River also offer beautiful water views.
Folly Beach Map
Folly Beach is a coastal town within the City of Charleston, SC. Located 11 miles south of downtown Charleston, it is situated between the Atlantic Ocean and the Folly River. Folly Beach continues to garner attention from homebuyers interested in a balanced mix of breathtaking views, shopping and dining, island lifestyle, and beautiful residential homes.
Your Charleston REALTORS®
Riverland Realty is a dedicated team of experienced real estate professionals with extensive experience working in Charleston, SC, and its surrounding communities. For any real estate-related inquiry whether it’s to buy or sell property in the region, our team is ready to help. Please feel free to contact us today for any questions you may have.