Homes for Sale in Sullivans Island, SC
Sullivan’s Island is a quaint beach town just east of downtown Charleston, SC. Nestled at the mouth of the Charleston Harbor and neighbor to the Isle of Palms, the island has served as a summer retreat for generations of Charleston families. Today, it is home to a mix of full and part-time residents with quiet neighborhoods and a mix of single-family beach homes that range from historic homes from as late as the late-1800s to charming mid-century beach cottages and newly constructed coastal retreats. Residents here enjoy the small-town charm and relaxed lifestyle that Sullivan’s Island has retained since being settled in the 17th century.
- NATURAL BEACH: Sullivan’s Island is home to 2.5 miles of wide beaches and Atlantic Ocean shoreline. The west end of the island is bordered by the entrance to the Charleston Harbor, the north by the Intracoastal Waterway, and to the east is Beach Inlet. Beachfront real estate here is owned by the town and has not been overdeveloped like nearby beaches. Due to this, Sullivan’s Island beaches have remained mostly untouched, maintaining their natural beauty for all to enjoy.
- QUAINT COASTAL TOWN: The small commercial district on Sullivan’s Island is home to a handful of unique, independently owned shops, galleries, and restaurants. Annual festivals and events draw both residents and visitors to the quaint coastal town throughout the year, including the popular New Year’s Day Polar Bear Plunge.
- RICH HISTORY: Sullivan’s Island has a storied past that dates back to the Revolutionary War. Fort Moultrie held strong during a 1776 attack by the British navy, saving Charlestown from British occupation in the early years of the Revolutionary War. The original structure was built of palmetto logs and sand; the existing fort was built in 1809 to serve as part of Charleston’s defenses. Edgar Allan Poe, who was stationed on the island as a private in the U.S. Army between 1827-1828, used the island setting as the background for his famous short story, “The Gold Bug.”
- BEACH TOWN LIVING: Sullivan’s offers a peaceful, unpretentious sophistication, with quiet neighborhoods and a mix of single-family beach homes that range from historic homes from as late as the late-1800s to charming mid-century beach cottages and newly constructed coastal retreats.
Popular Sullivans Island Resources
Sullivans Island Community Information
Sullivans Island Neighborhood Amenities
Your Charleston, SC Realtor
Find Your Home
Latest homes for sale in Sullivans Island
Homes for Sale in Sullivan’s Island
Need to Know Real Estate Facts on Sullivan's Island
- Homes on Sullivan’s Island date back as early as the 1800s, but you’ll find more recently constructed homes, too.
- Average sales price for homes on Sullivan’s Island is approximately $1,650,000. Prices range as high as $10 million.
- Average sales price per square foot is $1,609.
- Homes sizes range from 1,300 up to 6,100 square feet and offer a wide mix of bedrooms/bathrooms.
- Home settings include beach and oceanfront, Intracoastal waterway, and interior lots.
On the map
Sullivans Island Map
Sullivan’s Island is a picturesque town on the eastern wing of Charleston, SC. The west end of the island is bordered by the entrance to the Charleston Harbor, the north by the Intracoastal Waterway, and to the east is Beach Inlet.
Your Charleston REALTORS®
Riverland Realty is a dedicated team of experienced real estate professionals with extensive experience working in Charleston, SC, and its surrounding communities. For any real estate-related inquiry whether it’s to buy or sell property in the region, our team is ready to help. Please feel free to contact us today for any questions you may have.