Homes for Sale in Downtown Charleston, Charleston, SC
Downtown Charleston, also referred to as “the peninsula”, is the heart of the Charleston metro region. It is bounded by the Ashley River to the west and south and the Cooper River to the east. This city is the oldest in South Carolina, and also the second largest.
Downtown Charleston attracts a diverse array of both visitors and residents from across the country. The demand for housing here is high due to its remarkable appeal to people of all ages, incomparable lifestyle, and offerings. Families, young professionals, and retirees all enjoy the conveniences of living in downtown Charleston.
- TOP CITY: Charleston has been consistently named the #1 City in the U.S. and one of the best in the world by Travel & Leisure magazine due to the city’s extensive history and beautiful architecture, culture, pleasant weather, friendly locals, proximity to the beach, and world-class restaurants.
- DOWNTOWN CHARM: Downtown Charleston’s walkable scale, scenic parks, courtyard gardens, and coastal setting are among the many characteristics that draw residents to its neighborhoods. Museums, galleries, theaters, and countless historic attractions make it a prime location for history and culture buffs, who’ll find endless diversions right outside their front door.
- NOMO: The peninsula also offers an eclectic mix of shops and world-class restaurants in its varied neighborhoods. North of the crosstown, also known as “NOMO”, is the most recent area to experience rapid revitalization with new construction including restaurants, multi-family homes, office buildings, and event spaces.
- MEDICAL & SCHOOLS: Downtown Charleston offers an abundance of benefits for its residents, including exceptional educational opportunities and quality medical facilities. The College of Charleston, The Citadel, and Charleston School of Law are all located on the peninsula, as are the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) and its hospital and Roper St. Francis Hospital.
REAL ESTATE: Homes for sale in downtown Charleston embrace the traditional Lowcountry architecture. Wide inviting porches, columned entrances, and intricate details are just a few elements that embody Charleston’s famous architecture, from grand mansions on the Battery to the classic “Charleston-singles” found in neighborhoods throughout the city. Most of these homes have Greek Revival, Modern, Federal Colonial, Colonial, and Georgian architectural designs.
Popular Downtown Charleston Resources
Downtown Charleston Community Information
Downtown Charleston Neighborhood Amenities
Your Charleston, SC Realtor
Find Your Home
Latest homes for sale in Downtown Charleston
Homes for Sale in Downtown Charleston
Need to Know Real Estate Facts About Downtown Charleston
- Entry-level homes are priced from $250,000 to $499,000 and come with one to four bedrooms and one to three bathrooms.
- These homes range from 700 to 2,100 square feet, while the lot area starts from 0.06 acres.
- Mid-range homes start from $500,000 to $999,000 with total lots sized from 0.06 to 0.18 acres and 1,700 to 2,700 square feet.
- These homes come with two to four bedrooms, two to four bathrooms, and many offer off-street parking areas.
- Downtown Charleston’s luxury homes are priced from $1 million to more than $3 million.
- These homes are large with sizes ranging from four to 12 bedrooms, three to 12 bathrooms, and 7,000 to 11,000 square feet.
On the map
Downtown Charleston Map
Downtown Charleston is one of the most historic districts of Charleston, SC. It is located in the heart of the city. This community is bordered by Wagener Terrace to the north, the Ashley River to the west and south, together with the Cooper River to the east. The neighborhood enjoys a mix of commercial, industrial, and residential neighborhoods.
Downtown Charleston is close to other significant neighborhoods in Charleston, SC. Savannah Highway leads to Ashleyville, Avondale, and St. Andrews. These are bustling residential neighborhoods to the west of Downtown Charleston. Lastly, SC-30 road leads to James Island, Sullivan’s Island, and other Charleston beach communities.
Your Charleston REALTORS®
Riverland Realty is a dedicated team of experienced real estate professionals with extensive experience working in Charleston, SC, and its surrounding communities. For any real estate-related inquiry whether it’s to buy or sell property in the region, our team is ready to help. Please feel free to contact us today for any questions you may have.