Homes for Sale in James Island, Charleston, SC
James Island is conveniently located between downtown Charleston and Folly Beach. With its strong connection to the water (Wappoo Creek to the north and Stono River to the west) and proximity to Charleston, James Island became one of the most valuable of the area sea islands. And today, the island is one of the most convenient and essential areas within the City of Charleston.
MULTIPLE SCHOOL OPTIONS: James Island has high-quality schools that provide an excellent educational experience to students of all ages. A part of the Charleston County School Districts, schools here includes Harborview, Stiles Point, James Island and Murray-LaSaine, and Apple Charter Elementary Schools; Camp Road Middle School, and James Island Charter High School.
EXTENSIVE RECREATION SPOTS: James Island has extensive recreation offerings and amenities. Spacious neighborhood parks, breathtaking golf courses, several recreational complexes, marinas, and a yacht club are only some of the places that residents frequently enjoy.
CONVENIENCES: There are shopping centers, top-rated restaurants, movie theaters, and additional businesses and services on James Island that provide convenience and bring value to the community. A mix of large big-box stores and small local businesses offer a wide range of services to residents.
WATERFRONT COMMUNITY: James Island is surrounded by water via the Stono River and Ashley River. Its prime location is also just minutes from Folly Beach so residents may easily venture out, enjoy a beautiful beach day, and spend time on the water.
- HIGHLY URBANIZED COMMUNITY: James Island is known for being a historic community, but the island has finally embraced the heightened sense of urbanization. It is now an essential part of Charleston city’s expansion down the south. With the combination of extensive residential homes and urbanization, residents feel more at home in their community.
REAL ESTATE: For individuals who want to enjoy all that the metro region has to offer, James Island is a perfect fit. There is an extensive variety of residential neighborhoods and subdivisions with homes, townhomes, and condominiums that serve a diverse population from young professionals to families and retirees.
Popular James Island Resources
James Island Community Information
James Island Neighborhood Amenities
Your Charleston, SC Realtor
Find Your Home
Latest homes for sale in James Island
Homes for Sale in James Island
Need to Know Real Estate Facts About James Island
- Real estate for sale on James Island offers a diverse range of properties from beautiful and well-established neighborhoods on the water to newer construction and condominiums.
- Some homes on James Island date back to the pre-Civil War era though most residential construction started in the 1950s.
- Mid-range homes start in the $400s up to $1.6 million and offer a range of options from 4-7 bedrooms with 3-6 bathrooms.
- The lot sizes range from 0.16 to 1.1 acres, and total square feet between 1,500 to 3,500 square feet.
- Homes on the higher end of the market typically boast larger lot areas of 1.82 – 2.99 acres with square feet ranging from 5,400 – 6,000 square feet.
- Many luxury homes offer spacious swimming pools with a river view and an average price of $3.4 million.
On the map
James Island Map
James Island is one of South Carolina’s most urban Sea Islands; nearly half of the island sits within Charleston city limits. The island is separated from peninsular downtown Charleston by the Ashley River, from the mainland by Wappoo Creek and the Wappoo Cut, and from Johns Island by the Stono River. It lies inshore of Morris Island and Folly Beach.
Your Charleston REALTORS®
Riverland Realty is a dedicated team of experienced real estate professionals with extensive experience working in Charleston, SC, and its surrounding communities. For any real estate-related inquiry whether it’s to buy or sell property in the region, our team is ready to help. Please feel free to contact us today for any questions you may have.