Homes for Sale in Johns Island, SC
Johns Island is found on the western portion of Charleston, SC. Surrounded by rivers and creeks, Johns Island is the largest island in South Carolina. The island has an extensive history but today, John’s Island is thriving. Its population is steadily growing, especially from 2000 to 2010 when it increased by 50%.
- RURAL HERITAGE: Past its suburbanized core, the majority of this part of the Charleston countryside is rural, bordered by gentle rivers and tidal creeks and dotted with farms, historic churches, plantation homes, and hunting retreats. Johns Island is also home to the magnificent Angel Oak, a live oak estimated to be 300 to 400 years old and one of the region’s top tourist attractions.
- CONVENIENT LOCATION: Johns Island is a tourist destination, so it only fits the community to be convenient and accessible. Both residents and tourists enjoy the neighborhood’s accessible highways that lead them to all parts of the island. In Addition to the roads, a community airport is present. Charleston Executive Airport is an accessible establishment that offers a first-class airline experience.
- EXCELLENT SCHOOLS: Education is an essential factor that usually affects a family’s decision when choosing a neighborhood. Luckily, Johns Island is home to numerous educational sites that offer some of the best programs in Charleston, SC. The community proudly boasts several top-rated public and private schools, ranging from elementary to high school level.
- TOP-NOTCH RECREATION OPTIONS: Johns Island has numerous recreation spots that tourists and residents frequently enjoy. The community is home to an exciting archery range, world-class golf course, and thrilling shooting range. On the other hand, parks, gyms, and playgrounds are available for mellow recreational activities. Various activities provide the residents with different options for spending their leisure time.
- STUNNING COMMUNITY: Johns Island has scenic views, a balanced climate, and breathtaking residential properties. These combine and form an aesthetically pleasing community that attracts tourists and homebuyers.
- WHAT’S TO LOVE: The private Charleston Executive Airport is also located on Johns Island. If education is an essential part of your moving choice, there are plenty of options in the area. Johns Island has public and private schools ranging from preparatory up to collegiate level. Numerous boat ramps and landings allow for easy waterfront access and boating. An island farmers’ market is also a favorite weekly event for Johns Island residents.
REAL ESTATE: Johns Island’s scenic environment, natural beauty, and beautiful homes make the area the most attractive for residents in Charleston, SC. There is a wide mix of older, more established neighborhoods with well-built homes, as well as a multitude of new construction offerings for first-time, entry-level buyers.
Popular Johns Island Resources
Johns Island Community Information
Johns Island Neighborhood Amenities
Your Charleston, SC Realtor
Find Your Home
Latest homes for sale in Johns Island
Homes for Sale in Johns Island
Need to Know Real Estate Facts About Johns Island
- Homes for sale on beautiful Johns Island are a mix of mid-range and luxury homes and properties.
- Properties on the large island boast a mixture of modern, country, colonial, and traditional architectural designs.
- The homes exhibit great detailing and woodworking inspired by historic homes in the area.
- Mid-range homes are available from $250,000 to $850,000 with 2-5 bedrooms and 1-4 bathrooms.
- Lot sizes range from 0.31 to 0.44 acres, while the homes average 1,400 – 2,600 square feet.
- Luxury homes starting from $1 up to $2.5 million.
- They come with 4-5 bedrooms, 3-6 bathrooms, and expansive living spaces.
- These homes have lot sizes of 0.83 to 35.47 acres and 3,000 to 4,300 square feet.
On the map
Johns Island Map
Johns Island is a huge and busy neighborhood found to the west of Charleston, SC. This exciting community is bordered by the Stono River to the north and east, the Wadmalaw River to the west, and Haulover Creek to the south. There are numerous communities surrounding this particular island.
Nearby islands are Kiawah Island, Seabrook Island, Folly Beach, and James Island. These areas feature beautiful beaches and mainly residential properties. Some of the more commercialized and industrial communities near Johns Island are West Ashley, Downtown Charleston, South of Broad, and Meggett. Johns Island offers multiple highways such as Maybank Highway, Main Road, and Betsy Kerrison Parkway.
Your Charleston REALTORS®
Riverland Realty is a dedicated team of experienced real estate professionals with extensive experience working in Charleston, SC, and its surrounding communities. For any real estate-related inquiry whether it’s to buy or sell property in the region, our team is ready to help. Please feel free to contact us today for any questions you may have.