Homes for Sale in South Of Broad, Charleston, SC
South of Broad is one of Charleston’s most famous and desirable neighborhoods. Historic homes of all sizes (many dating back to as early as the 1700s) have been restored as single-family homes throughout the lower Charleston peninsula, offering a variety of appealing options for those who desire to live in a historical home.
- PICTURESQUE NEIGHBORHOOD: South of Broad is the quintessential Charleston neighborhood with its beautiful cobblestone streets and historic homes with lush gardens and flourishing window boxes. Wide inviting porches, columned entrances, and intricate details are just a few elements that embody Charleston’s famous architecture, examples of which you’ll see throughout the South of Broad neighborhood.
- HISTORY: Considered the most exclusive and affluent of the downtown neighborhoods, South of Broad is also one of its oldest with residences dating back to 1721. It is home to numerous historic properties, including the Sword Gate House, which was named after the distinctive “Sword Gates” that detail the iron gate at the entrance to the property. The Williams Mansion, formerly known as the Calhoun Mansion, is another one of Charleston’s architectural treasures that date back to 1878.
- LOCATION: South of Broad is located on the tip of the Charleston peninsula, embodying the sizable area south of Broad Street to the Charleston Harbor and famous White Point Gardens and The Battery. Homeowners here enjoy an enviable downtown lifestyle and amenities that have made Charleston the popular tourist destination that it is today. World-class restaurants, art galleries, boutiques, theaters, and festivals are found throughout downtown Charleston and within easy walking distance to the South of Broad neighborhood.
Popular South Of Broad Resources
South Of Broad Community Information
South Of Broad Neighborhood Amenities
Your Charleston, SC Realtor
Find Your Home
Latest homes for sale in South Of Broad
Homes for Sale in South of Broad
Need to Know Real Estate Facts About South of Broad
- South of Broad offers a range of luxury single-family homes, condominiums, and townhomes.
- Historic elements include wide porches, columned entrances, and intricate interior details and woodwork.
- The current median single-family home price is $1,325,000 but homes range from $800,000 up to $11+ million.
- Luxury condominiums begin in the mid-$500s up to $3.8 million.
On the map
South Of Broad Map
South of Broad is located in the heart of Charleston, SC. It is bordered by Broad Street to the north and the Ashley River and Charleston Harbor to the south at the tip of the Charleston peninsula.
Your Charleston REALTORS®
Riverland Realty is a dedicated team of experienced real estate professionals with extensive experience working in Charleston, SC, and its surrounding communities. For any real estate-related inquiry whether it’s to buy or sell property in the region, our team is ready to help. Please feel free to contact us today for any questions you may have.